Monday, January 12, 2009

Natasha weigh in

Hello, it has been awhile since I posted. I have been not too good this weekend. After spending the whole Christmas season without touching anything that was not of a nutritional value, I started eating junk food again this weekend. What started it? My own selfishness, my own desires and my own pity party. After weighing in on Friday with a plus two, Claudia gave me a very encouraging talk. Sometime that evening, I decided,"What is the point of eating well, asking God for strength and exercising if the scale was going to not reflect in my favor. Never mind that I was offering my food choices and time to God, I decided I need to take control again. HORRIBLE MISTAKE. I have been out in the wilderness here eating whatever and whenever I want. I am depressed, no desire to talk to God or to read His Word. Tonight, I opened the blog up and read our memory verse. It was like water to my soul, I have asked God to forgive me and am humbling myself to write about my pride. God promises new mercies everyday. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness.

Natasha

2 comments:

TreasuringChrist said...

Natasha,

I am so sorry you were so discouraged this weekend. I wish I would have called you and we could have talked. Please do not beat yourself up over this. You have been PHENOMENAL these past several weeks and sometimes you won't always see change from week to week, but you WILL see it over several weeks and months.

So you ate a little junk food--don't worry about it. God loves you and He is leading you. Just pick yourself up and keep following Him. He will never leave you or forsake you!

~Claudia

TreasuringChrist said...

BTW, Natasha lost 4 pounds our last weigh in before this one; I am not sure if she posted that or not. So, she is doing AWESOME.