Sunday, February 1, 2009

Obedience vs. Disobedience

Life is happening! Life is full of choices. Each day we are faced with many decisions and challenges. Some choices are minor, should I wear my hair up or down? Other choices are more life-altering, such as do I stay at my job or look for another one? Do I eat another candy bar or is two enough?
As I continue reading "Pursuit of Holiness" by Jerry Bridges, he makes a good point that leaves me very uncomfortable. He notes that sometimes when we make a decision and choose the wrong choice (like the third candy bar), we like to think of it as a failure to our temptation. We like to play the victim. In reality, we are being disobedient. I hate when I am slapped in the face with the truth. I can no longer be the "victim". When I know my choice is wrong, I am being disobedient. I have not failed; I am being rebellious. I know the right thing to do, I understand it, I have been convicted of it! It is disobedience. Plain and simple.

I must remember this! I really do not want to, but Jesus tells us in John 14:15, If you love me, you will obey what I command. If I truly love Him, I will obey Him. Even when I do not feel like it.

Praise you Jesus!

Natasha

No comments: