Wednesday, November 26, 2008

No Pigging Out on Thanksgiving



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Natasha and I survived our day of fasting the day before our day of pigging out. NOT. If you read my last post, you'll know that Natasha twisted my arm to get me to fast with her today so that we will have more self-control on Thanksgiving Day. Pigging out is not an option!!

I have to confess....I was not having a good attitude today. Even though I agreed to fast, I was not completely sold on the whole thing. I really, really wanted to eat. The last time we fasted, I drank coffee with cream and sugar and Natasha said I couldn't do that anymore. So I was not happy with that.

And I didn't even really pray. While my family ate lunch, I sat on my bed throwing a spiritual temper tantrum. I held the bible in my hands and had my head down, but I wasn't really praying or communing with God. Not good.

Also, I didn't get much sleep last night, so I was really tired all day. I had so much cleaning to do to get ready for tomorrow, and I really just had no motivation to do it! So, I finally realized I just needed to take a nap and get caught up on sleep. I actually was able to take a 2 hour nap! I musta really needed that. I felt much better when I woke up.

We actually agreed to just fast breakfast and lunch. We both ate dinner like normal. So, that made me feel better too : )

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. I would love to hear how it went for you, eating-wise. What kinds of yummy things did you eat? Were you able to control yourself and not pig out? I hope so! May God receive glory for the way we eat and enjoy ourselves on Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: