Monday, November 17, 2008

Hello Everybody! I'm checking in tonight....I did not have a good day. I did not want to even post tonight but Natasha and I agreed we'd take turns posting everyday. I don't want to discourage anybody with my lameness.

So, take this as a lesson in what NOT to do. I mentioned before that I have a hard time when I am in a relaxed, fun atmosphere. Today I went out with my family to a restaurant and just decided to eat whatever I wanted. I was more concerned about not spending too much money rather than picking the healthiest thing. I also wanted something my kids would like in case they wanted to have some of mine.

And it wouldn't have been a big deal if I had just eaten half of it. But I ate about 7/8 of it. I left some on my plate so I wouldn't look like a total pig. Goodness. I think I do better when I am fasting. Even though it is hard, it's actually easier not to eat anything, than to just try to eat a little bit.

I also have not been offering myself to the Lord at the beginning of each day, like I should. To offer my body to Him as a living sacrifice. I haven't spent much time with Him these past few days.

So, I guess I need to spend some time with Him tonight before I lay my head down to sleep. Keep me accountable, everybody! Ask me if I did it!


Psalm 63:3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.

2 comments:

MJ said...

We all have those moments, as you said....learn from it. God Bless!

TreasuringChrist said...

Yes, great job on continuing to move forward and not giving up!