Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jesus fighting the battle

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord (Acts 3:19).

I am exhausted. Tired of fighting this same battle. ME, fighting this battle. Not the Lord, not allowing Him to do this for me. The above verse tells me that if I truly REPENT, and TURN to God, my sin will be wiped out. My sin of gluttony. My overindulgence. My pride and selfishness. Not just turning from overeating, but doing a 180 turn away from gluttony to God. I cannot just turn 90 degrees away from eating, but I must also turn that other 90 degrees to God. How does this happen? What must I do? I desire rest.

Matt 11:28-30 tells me how! Jesus says,"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

It will not be easy to take his yoke. I will have to let Him lead me. I cannot lead, I must follow. That means I must turn down that second helping. I must stop eating candy when I should be eating fruit. I should cook dinner instead of going through the drive thru. Learning to say no to all of my cravings at all times and yes to my Savior. Glorifying Him in my food choices.


Spending time with Him. Finding my rest in Him. Not food. He promises. I will find rest and refreshings times.



Praise you Jesus!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Heal Your Spirit, Heal Your Mind, Heal Your Body and trust in God.