Saturday, November 22, 2008

Late Weigh-In

Hi Everyone! I am so sorry I haven't posted....my computer has been down! And it isn't even up yet; I am on the computer at my husband's office. So, now I am trying to get caught up. I am going to have to keep it short because I don't feel like being here all night on Saturday night! {not that I don't love blogging and sharing my life with you guys :O) }

Natasha and I weighed yesterday and I was so amazed. I was down 1 pound. I was sure I would be up a couple pounds because I cheated at the beginning of the week, and then stopped writing my points down at the end of the week. But, I did exercise twice as much as what my weekly goal is {yay!}. So, I was pleasantly surprised.

I need to do better this week, though. I want to lose 9 more by Christmas, and at this rate, it ain't gonna happen! So, 2 pounds this week. 2 pounds. 2 pounds. 2 pounds. 2 pounds.

Oh, sure. Lose 2 pounds during the week of Thanksgiving. Mmm-hmm. Sure.

Well, Natasha had a great little idea for us. She is well aware of her weaknesses and they're the same as mine. When it comes to Thanksgiving, we have a tendency to treat it as a "free" day and allow ourselves to pig out.

Well, seeing as pigging out (eating too much) is gluttony, and the Bible is clear that gluttony is a sin, and is usually held up at the same level as drunkenness, then there is never a time when it's okay to do it.

So, Natasha proposes a *great* plan (hear the sarcasm in my voice?). It went something like this:


Natasha: Why don't we fast on Wednesday?

Me: {straight face. no response}

Natasha: I just think it will help us on Thanksgiving.

Me: {straight face. no response}

Natasha: When we fasted the last time {24 hrs} I found that I was able to control myself better the next day.

Me: {straight face.} Mm hmm.

Natasha: Well, why don't you just pray about it. Maybe we could fast for 2 meals, lunch and dinner.

Me: Alrighty. I will pray about it and get back to you on that. {straight face still.}


In all seriousness, she's probably right. But, my problem is, we just fasted! It was only supposed to be once a month, and it's only been like 2 weeks. I told her we should have just waited until this Wednesday for our first time fasting together. But, I will probably end up doing it.

Fasting really is an awesome thing for me spiritually. So I know it will help alot and I probably won't pig out as bad on Thanksgiving, and just be thankful for the food God gives me to enjoy and to sustain my body. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: